Sunday, September 16

Something to think about...

Good Sunday morning to all! I hope that you are going to have a wonderful time attending your church of choice this morning because what better way to get charged up for your week than starting your week with God???



Last night as I was having my quiet time, it was on a touchy subject for many people. That subject was PATIENCE. Now be honest, how many of you are TRULY patient??? Or how many of you are like me, and the only thing in your mind is "I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!" I fear that many of us have the "gimme gimme gimme" attitude, and sometimes, because of a thing called flesh, we have a hard time getting ourselves out of the flesh.



But anyway, as I was doing my quiet time last night, there was a statement in the book "Woman to Woman" by Joyce Meyer that just set me on edge! Forgive me for not having the exact page # right now, but it was from her book, devotion #7 I think---i'll come back and put it later...



Joyce Meyer said in her book something to the effect of "I DESERVE to have EVERYTHING right NOW!" And I read that statement, and my mind was saying "OUCH!" I deserve to have EVERYTHING right NOW???? But when you think about it, that's how we act, isn't it...you want something, you want it that second, and you'll do ANYTHING to get it!



Do we DESERVE it though??? Seriously---what have YOU done to deserve it??? Because I just thought how selfish we are to really have that attitude; and know that as I'm writing this, i was examining my own heart as well...



That's the stupid thing as humans. We want everything NOW, and not only that, but we take it a step further and think that we DESERVE IT??? Okay, well what did you do that's SOOO great that God should just GIVE IT TO YOU NOW???



I felt really tiny at that time because as I examine my own fleshly heart---there isn't a part of me that deserves anything! And when I think about the things that I want NOW, they're pretty stupid. Most of the time, I'm just "dying" to have the newest book, or that new pair of shoes, or a new outfit, or something stupid like that...well ONE: we can't take those things to Heaven, and TWO: how dare I not have patience for it???



There's another thing that I thought about last night concerning patience...debt. Erik and I are truly IN DEBT...and both of us want OUT. If we could have it the way we wanted it---we'd be done with ALL of our debt RIGHT NOW...and I'll admit, neither of us is being very patient.



But as I was thinking last night, I had to remind myself yet again...did I get in debt in one day?? NOPE! We got in debt over a lifetime of POOR CHOICES...so if we didn't get in debt overnight, who am I to think we'll get out of debt overnight?

(Readers, I apologize, But i wanted to have this posted although it is incomplete)

No comments: