Sunday, December 21

updates and such

Hey there
Well, I'm finally a brace face and modeling the year's newest fashion- a full set of (non-pink) brackets on every one of my teeth complete with a nice wire running through them and even a nice coil spring over part of them. And what a look it is...I actually like it :) For the first time since Rissie was first pregnant, I feel okay smiling---why? Because this is a NEW BEGINNING for my smile ;) And now, it seems like everywhere I go, i'm getting asked about "how long do you have to wear them?" To which I reply---at least a year and a half. Which is true. Projected date to lose the brackets and gain a retainer will be June/July 2010. Who knows? But for now, i'm enjoying the new look which came equipped with a diet :) Haha :) In addition to finding it hard to chew, I've noticed it's now a pain to eat in between meals...why's that? There's a thing called "elastics" in the orthodontic world---and in MY world, it translates to having to take those suckers off every time i eat or brush my teeth followed by IMMEDIATELY putting a new set on. I very quickly realized that since these are not "re-usable" elastics, it is NOT worth the trouble of putting them on later, you know??? And actually- today was the first time since Wednesday that I had something of a snack. I got my favorite snack in the world (reese's peanut butter cups) and had them combined with mac and cheese---but right now, it's just not the same. So what do I call braces besides the newest fashion for the new year? I call them INSTA-DIET!!! So any lady (or gentleman) who's been wanting to lose the weight? Why not try braces? It's a guaranteed plan for 2 years!!! And after 2 years of this, i bet you come out of it with new habits, you know? It's only been a week (less than!) and i've found i've already lost 3 pounds! This is pretty cool :)

So i'm a nerd, oh well :)

Have a very merry Christmas ya'll :)

Love,
Kristi

No comments: